Song of the Seikilos Development Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inTheme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 21jrsyw

Theme/Atmosphere?

Go down 
+2
kenichi DaPuppy
cybergreen
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page
AO Username: Kenichi DaPuppy

Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:33 am

Enslavement of the world by the fiends, not by other humans.But we could include fiend-soldiers in that vision.The monster being a fiend itself (a huge one but ye).

And i haven't seen that part of LOTR.. to be honest i barely remember anything bout LOTR.. since i didn't enjoy it that much >.< but thats personal opinions and not important lol.So i have no idea lol, but ye we need a main boss.

And thanks ^^ guess being awake gives me better ideas than dreaming does. XD
Back to top Go down
http://ChaoZ-inn.webs.com
Kanga
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Kanga

Character Page
AO Username: Kanga

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:15 am

This is the bad guy who I meant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7egAVqmH4Q

I think our bad guy should be a little like this.
Back to top Go down
aurelius_maximus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Maybe... How about the body is ten feet thick, twenty feet long, two ft thick arms and legs, and a big shield thing on his head (like in Zelda Twilight Princess, the covering that held the eye on the Death Mountain boss, if anyone plays/ed TP) Should I make some pictures of what I think it should look like? Also maybe have dark red and purple stripes running over its body and gathering at the headpiece.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Your thinking cool, we need scary.Cool comes second, if its scary AND cool all the better but that doesn't sound too scary.Maybe if you make some pics it might seem more scary but im not sure.

Also was thinking of making the archfiend our main boss, with the other monster (that we are now discussing) being the first parts boss.
Back to top Go down
aurelius_maximus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Ah. (I think i was accidentally getting AO mixed up with this... whatever it is.)
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:10 am

Yeah, I get them mixed up too...
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:46 am

....How? O.o lol
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:52 am

Not sure how... The forums for them are very close together >.>
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:05 am

Maybe you can make the difference more clear (colors?or something) to avoid more confusion. o.o
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:12 pm

That would look a little odd I think... Maybe though, we'll see how things go.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:24 am

Ye not colors but ...something i dunno lol
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 am

Getting back to the name idea… What if we call it "Primal?" since the enemy is something that has always been with the world, and has to do with the "primal fear" in nightmares, etc. It would be awesome…

DUDE1: "hA dUd u got 2 plA Rage, sew osum lolz!"

DUDE2: "Sorry, I'm too busy playing Primal."

DUDE1: "D:"
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 pm

-The puppy gives a thumbs up.-
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:35 pm

About the fiends ive been thinking for a while on how they should look like.And i think it might be cool if we base them on creatures like cthulhu.Weird and scarily freakish o. o
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:00 am

Lovecraftian creatures work well. Just, some of them (especially Great Cthulu) tend to get more giggles than screams. I do think we should go for things that will make people think "Oh teh horror!!1!" though.
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:42 am

So you really want to make it a horror game as such? That's AWESOME! Very Happy

Looking forward to this very much!
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:30 am

Ye we should find a way to make them scary as well and not too funny looking but im sure thats possible.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:17 am

You have to remember, it isn't just the creature designs that need to look scary... You need to use the environment and the music to make things even more scary.

For example, in Dead Space there are a couple creatures that look, well, a bit silly. But they are simply terrifying when you realize you are trapped and there is a blaring alarm going off and the light is flickering red from the alarm system and you see these giant, shambling shapes coming for you with these creepy almost painful screeches.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:00 pm

I know we are not really working on primal at the moment but anyway..

I've been too much into slenderman blogs for my own health(if the stories are true he should already be following me by now lol).No i am not gonna suggest putting slenderman into primal , that'd just be silly.

But its the other creatures (the Fears) that sparked an idea in my head.Those who know about the Fear mythos know each creature is inspired by a common human fear (slenderman is the fear of the unknown) which is pretty similar to our fiends who Embody fears.

Ofcourse we won't copy the fears but the idea would be the same.(it pretty much already is very similar, plus we don't have to be worried about copy rights because the Fears are public domain anyway)We take a common fear and we make a monster that embodies that fear.

Fear of insects: one of the Fears is a hive mind of millions of different insects that act like one creature.
But we could use the same fear and instead make insect like fiends (that all look the same, hideous and all) that don't exist in real life (the Fear version exist of large specimens of real life bugs)
So it is different but based on the same concept (also Fears are almost unkillable,our fiends would be a bit easier to kill, especially for the soldier)

Which is pretty much what we were gonna do anyway, i just had difficulty imagining how to embody some fears.(insects are the easy one,how do you embody the fear of heights? ._. (the fears use a flock of birds that grab you and fly up very high))The Fears do it in a pretty good way.Those who don't know about them should look into them o.o
Back to top Go down
Ananas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ananas

Character Page
AO Username: Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 am

So like a monster which takes the form of your biggest fear? Surprised
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Interesting... For the insect one, maybe a locust with a creepy human face...

I think a good direction to go would be that these creatures are not quite physical. They can possess and twist the physical world to some degree but mostly they live in the mind. So a fiend preying on your fear of height could take advantage of you tripping and send you into a hallucination of the ground crumbling beneath you and you falling into an abyss... And then you wake up on the ground where you fell. Subtly twisting your mind as something that can't be killed itself. Some things could be killed, like if the Fiends possessed someone, but they themselves are literally just the evil part of the Archfiend's mind given form by the Most Ancient Evil's power.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Yes, and with the bugs, you can kill them rather easily(they're still just large bugs theres just a frigging lot of them).But they're not really there,yet they can still hurt you.

For example, you walk into a room, suddenly a swarm of the bugs fly in through an opening,you shoot a few that fall dead on the ground but then you run out of bullets and decide to hide in a closet.After a while the sound they normally makes suddenly stops(I imagine a screeching/buzzing mix thats really creepy and annoying), you go back into the room and find it completely empty.As if nothing ever happened.( maybe the bullets are gone too)

Some of the other Fears are:-the fear of being controlled
-the fear of the cold and being alone
-the fear of diseases
-the fear of death
-the fear of wild beasts
-the fear of nothing
-fear of drowning

Theres more ofcourse but these are the ones i can remember.I really encourage you guys to look them up.Here.
And ofcourse we can think of some others but these are great as inspiration.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Yes, very nice. This will certainly be awesome. How many fantasy games have a survival horror prequel?

There's also the fear of being watched/stalked, the fear of going insane (that one will be fun) the fear of abandonment, the fear of everything/fear (paranoia), the fear of binding and suffocation (claustrophobia) which I do not believe are incarnated by the Fears.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 am

Awesome indeed.
None that i know of.

The fear of going insane is kinda already pretty much in the plot we thought out so far.We could make that fiend sort off a recuring miniboss, whatever creature we can think of to embody that.

Maybe some unofficial fears have been made for those though although i am not certain since I stick to reading only a few Fear blogs.

I have an image in my head for the fear of death, i'll try to draw it sometime.Whenever you'd be near the monster you'd see visions of it killing you slowly, or eating your corpse.Only to wake up on the floor in a puddle of slimey stuff.But you never actually see the monster outside of those visions.Unless you die in the game, then you'd see it eating the character before it looks at the player.

And the fear of asking girls out to the prom could be a..oh wait. jk
Back to top Go down
Ananas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ananas

Character Page
AO Username: Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 am

This kind of reminds me of a movie I saw and Silent Hill to some extent. Also, from time to time, the main character gets so disturbed that he beings to see his friends as monster of some short and starts to attack them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theme/Atmosphere?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next