Song of the Seikilos Development Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inTheme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 21jrsyw

Theme/Atmosphere?

Go down 
+2
kenichi DaPuppy
cybergreen
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kanga
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Kanga

Character Page
AO Username: Kanga

Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:00 am

Yeah the Matrix sounding idea isn't a route that we should take. I think the WW3 aftermath is good, and the idea of destroying the obsolete weapons. Maybe our characters in the game can be slaves to start off with, who have to escape. Along the way, they discover more advanced technologies making their escape easier. Just food for thought.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page
AO Username: Kenichi DaPuppy

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:31 am

The second part starts off with the remaining character as a slave.And using advanced technology sounds like pretty much the only way they will ever win against magic using horrors like fiends.

After being awoken after many decades the character still knows the technology from his day.Technology the human slaves have forgotten due to lack of education.Who needs their slaves to become smart enough to rebel right? lol

This gives him the capabilities to lead the other humans in the rebelion.Maybe he even has all the skills from all three characters, their personalities still inside of him after they died?Would give him and the humans he leads a great advantage they normally wouldn't have.The personalities communicating with each other inside his mind also makes fuel for a good plot and continues the "is he crazy or is it real?" aspect of the previous part.
Back to top Go down
http://ChaoZ-inn.webs.com
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:02 am

I think we're onto something here Kenchi Razz
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:33 am

I think so too kaga. :p
Back to top Go down
aurelius_maximus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:58 am

Okay. I respect that.

EDIT:

delaaaaaayed.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:48 am

So the characters would be :1.A female soldier
2.The guy working in the office (from my starting cutscene idea).A very intelligent guy but weak.Basically a nerd XD <.< >.>
3. umm hawk suggested a gymnast but meh..how about a highschool student (that does sports or likes freerunning so we can keep that part but it offers a better starting point (schools can be scarier than some random town o.O )lol)

Then in the second part the student is the one that survives, but the smart guy and the soldier are both inside his mind.So he can lead the revolting slaves with that intelligence(from the nerd) and millitary strategy and weapon proficiency(from the soldier). With his own stamina and athleticism o.o.

Also 2 of the 3 don't get along with each other and argue a lot XD
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:23 am

Okay, the storyline is becoming very single player based... So how about this...

There can be a survival style singleplayer storymode, where we use the storyline to guide the player through a campaign, and also a lobby with PvP maps. (The same maps as singleplayer, but choosable)

I think that would work better than a full multiplayer game, because the storyline is becoming very detailed, and it sounds like it would make the game wierd... I mean, the storyline is incredible, and we should definitely put most of the ideas that we've had into it, but the game needs more multiplayer aspects, and having your character, plus a few NPC's going through the maps doesn't leave room for extra people.

Edit: This means we can do wonders for the community with content.... Sometimes we could release new special PvP maps, a co-op compaign with a different story behind it, or even an extension for the main compaign. See? It leaves us with many options, and this is something that most gaming companies don't do very well.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:45 am

.-. I was assuming it was single player <.<

I think pvp would need servers o.O or something .. and wasn't the reason we were doing this the non need for expensive servers o.O(and hopefully make some money to buy the servers needed for AO?).

I mean I don't mind a seperate pvp mode. But i can't imagine any survival horror games with pvp o.o.Ofcourse the soldiers part would be more actiony and therefore suited for pvp but i never considered pvp for this game.But its up to cybie and hawk o.o i guess.(pvp needs no storyline really so idc xD)

We can add a pvp/co-op/multiplayer campainge modes later after we finish the single player..or i dunno.

Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:59 am

I had been thinking about doing online multiplayer... How about this,

We don't host servers but give instructions on how to set up a server (you know how Titan Quest does it, Hawk) and have several survival maps. I don't think PvP would be a good idea, but coop survival would be good. They wouldn't really have much to do with the actual storyline, but would be a "meanwhile, over here" setting.

For example, the one I've been planning the most is about deapartment store tha in the introduction is overrun by fiends who kill everyone. The three players, a salesman, a mechanic, and an average Joe with a love of sporting hunting, are the only three left because they happened to be in the bathrooms.

I'll elaborate later, but I think this would work better than hosting servers just so a few people can PvP.

Last edited by Cyberkyd_30 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:13 am

Hosting your own server only really works with games that get incredibly big playerbases. For example, Minecraft has player-made servers because it's PB is around 14 mil. The chances of us getting 14 mil are incredibly small...
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Not necessarily. Servers here wouldn't necessarily be a very long, drawn out process that would need to be kept up for long amounts of time. You just click 'make private server' AKA you give a password to your friends and they just go and join you, and the server closes when you get off, or make a public one where anyone can join just for a quick game. If you want to just join a random match, the game searches for any server with an open slot and puts you in.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:26 pm

hmm..as long as we don't have to pay for expensive servers im ok with it. :3
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:13 pm

kenichi DaPuppy wrote:
hmm..as long as we don't have to pay for expensive servers im ok with it. :3

Correct, Cybers idea means that we wouldn't be spending a single cent on servers. Although I don't agree with it, it's financially beneficial... And quite frankly that's something we need to keep in mind. Razz

Maybe, we could start that way, then after making some money with the Item Mall in Beta stages, we could release our own server... People could still make their own, but ours would be like the main one... Actually, people having their own private servers denies the idea of having an Item Mall in the game at all, since it would be nearly pointless.

Anywho, if that's what you want, then let's go with that Razz
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:44 am

Remember, this is the FPS, not AO. We are DEFINITELY going to have servers for AO, and probably prohibit people making their own as they could easily hack their files if we give them the resources. Yes, it WOULD be pointless to have a premium shop if we allowed people their own servers.

But as we are talking about the FPS, which would not have a premium shop, it would be much more financially beneficial and, well, easy, to just allow people to have their own servers for survival mode, and maybe some deathmatches or something.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:06 am

Yup its the smart thing to do, we want succes on the long term lol (atleast i do o.o).First make some money with the FPS and then maybe the end and eventually AO.(and if the FPS and the end don't get us enough money we keep making other games till we can afford the servers XD , while still working on AO as we progress)
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:44 am

Yes, Ken-san. I think it would be a good idea to set our first monetary goal as an Apple Dev license so we can make a bunch of not-too-complex apps we can sell for 99 cents, or maybe in the case of The End a few dollars.

Remember that we aren't going to 'need' dedicated servers for a LONG time. First comes the preliminary stages when we make the basic structure, which is offline, then I can just set up a temporary server where I would connect to Localhost and other people could connect to my IP (if I get faster internet that is), but those people would just be us.

Then comes the Closed Alpha stage, where we choose a few people (maybe 20) who come and test for us.

Then comes Open Beta, when we can rent a server while we build up a player base. If we ever get successful to some degree, we can buy a server for the same cost as about six month's rent, but keep hiring the same people to run it for us for about a third of the monthly cost. Or we could manage it ourselves, but then we would need to pay for an internet connection, and we would not get our server replaced if something happened to it.

..So yeah, we are a WAYS away from getting a server or two. Upside, if we DO buy a server we can use it for a custom domain and even for multiplayer in a couple iOS apps ^_^
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Yup yup.

Btw with all we got now i think its about time we put up a storyline thread? o.o to stop the confusion before it starts XD.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
Hawkfriend

Character Page
AO Username: Falrion

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:04 pm

@kenichi: ye sounds good. 0,0 getting crowded.
liking where this is going guys!
@kanga: yah, a gymnast was a stretch. parkour lover in highschool works too.
@cyber: yep. that makes sense for the "set up your server" thing. although i think titan quest actually uses a relay system with their own servers acting as chanels between PCs, because people would still have to port forward otherwise.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Hawk the parkour lover in highschool was my suggestion not kangas XD js.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
Hawkfriend

Character Page
AO Username: Falrion

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:13 pm

^ oh sorry, i read it too fast.
*awkward* whoops.
I think i accidentally swapped you guy's pics in my mind by accident.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:31 pm

I do it too... I can't fathom why, but I do it almost every time I come on here...
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Its okiez, happened to me on here too once XD..maybe even twice i dun remember.
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Cyberkyd_30 wrote:
Remember, this is the FPS, not AO. We are DEFINITELY going to have servers for AO, and probably prohibit people making their own as they could easily hack their files if we give them the resources. Yes, it WOULD be pointless to have a premium shop if we allowed people their own servers.

But as we are talking about the FPS, which would not have a premium shop, it would be much more financially beneficial and, well, easy, to just allow people to have their own servers for survival mode, and maybe some deathmatches or something.

OHH! I understand your PoV now, and it makes 100% sense to do things that way... Onwards! *points*

Also, yeah that was Kenchi's idea about the gymnast... However ICWHUTYOUDIDTHERE "gymnast was a STRETCH too far"
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Kaga you gonna keep calling me kenchi? thats like the 4th time you called me that >.< yu forgot a letter :3.

And lol..how did i not see that joke ._. XD

whoever eddited in the ponies ,<3 u
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:21 am

................I've been reading your name wrong every time for about 6 months.
Edit: You gonna keep calling me Kaga too? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theme/Atmosphere?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next