Song of the Seikilos Development Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inTheme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 21jrsyw

Theme/Atmosphere?

Go down 
+2
kenichi DaPuppy
cybergreen
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page
AO Username: Kenichi DaPuppy

Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:12 am

As long as you call me kenchi ^^ yes i do that on purpose :p
Back to top Go down
http://ChaoZ-inn.webs.com
Hawkfriend
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
Hawkfriend

Character Page
AO Username: Falrion

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:12 am

glad someone caught it.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:11 am

I caught it, I just thought it didn't deserve the time it would take me to post about it -_-;

So why am I posting now? No clue...
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Kanga

Character Page
AO Username: Kanga

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:20 am

Okay, so basically we need to have ideas of what our scenes are going to look like. It would be best if we started a new thread dedicated to it which we try not to get distracted in, but this is fine if you want... If we get busy on what we want the scenes to look like, then our 3D designer(s) (which I'm working on Wink ) will know exactly what we want, and can complete it without much questioning.

So, let's begin.

Opening scene:
Visual
Setting:
Mood:
Lighting:
Tone:

Audable
Bg music theme style:
Sound effects:

Hopefully, we can fill this with the ideas we have for the scenes that we know.

This also allows us to reconstruct the scene in our minds, and figure out if anything is missing, so that we can re-vamp and get it right the first time.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Ye seperate thread would be better but! ill do this one partly anyway.

The scene I posted as the start, might have another scene before that but we'll see.This is how i see it o.o

Opening scene:
Visual
Setting:A tall office building , a high floor with a view over the city below.Office desks etc.
Mood:First a normal work day then panic and chaos.And fear lots of fear o.o
Lighting:Normal day light that suddenly changes into Darkness with a slight red glow in the sky as the flying thing breaks through the clouds.
Tone:eh..scary? or what? >.<

Audable
Bg music theme style:(sorry but have no idea what i should put here )
Sound effects:Windows being smashed, fireball flying through the air, fire, wind running through the broken windows.screams.A Boom when the fireball hits.

Btw im gonna be on chatbox now if you need me, if i don't respond directly have patience, thank you ^^
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:38 pm

I think our opening scene should NOT directly involve any of the three characters. Instead it should be maybe a voiceover with a seemlingly peaceful scene, but with haunting music and little details that get creepier as the voiceover continues.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Ye sounds good the scene i described was the opening for one character.

And that opening idea sounds good cybie
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
Hawkfriend

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Yes, sounds good. I had a few ideas for the parkour lover, but I think I've forgotten them now.
Back to top Go down
Ananas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ananas

Character Page
AO Username: Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:08 pm

@Hawk: I love doing Parkour on my leisure time. I just had the urge to say that... O_O
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
Hawkfriend

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Ananas wrote:
@Hawk: I love doing Parkour on my leisure time. O_O

Cool.
How good are you? I can do some stuff on a trampoline, but I'm not quite able to go without it yet.
Back to top Go down
aurelius_maximus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:39 pm

How about this? Feel free to rip it apart and examine it.

Opening scene:
Visual
Setting: Driving home from work at winter at approx. 5:30 (so its steadily getting darker), stop at red light in front of electronics store. TVs or whatever playing news and you see something about how the new Federation of the Pirates (it could be something other than pirates, that's just what I thought up of off the top of my head) is working against the _____ (basically the good guys, could someone come up with a name?) via cyber warfare and the screen goes staticy for a second.
Mood:Nothing out of the ordinary until you get home, then everything goes bad, and from bad to worse.
Lighting: Dusky city, then at arrival of home, pure night. No lights.
Tone:Calm, steadily increasing in scaryness

Audable
Bg music theme style: Quiet horror/haunted house theme, hid by the traffic noises until you reach the house.
Sound effects: Traffic until home, then a electronic zap (like what you get when you turn off an old TV)
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:57 am

Nice ideas both Kenichi and Aurelius! I think both of those are extremely suitable to the opening of the individual characters, however I must agree with Cybie, that the very first scene should be a voiceover explaining the worlds current situation.

Both of those scenes are similar in the way that they introduce mayhem from a normal situation, without being too abrupt. Thank you! =)
Back to top Go down
Ananas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ananas

Character Page
AO Username: Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:43 am

@Hawk: I am not the best, but I think I do well. Although I do some flips most of my Parkour tricks involve running, climbing and jumping to get around around my obstacles.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Nightmare time o:

Ok this one actually scared me cuz it seemed real-ish ._.

first,me , my mother and my grandfather for some reason have to drive around with some criminal, a large blonde haired guy with a ponytail and big muscles o.O.
I dun remember what he was wearing exactly but meh.

So at first he was friendly but after a while my grandfather and mother ( i seemed to be a kid o.O 12-14 years old ) decided to drive away without him after we went shopping, for some reason i had to turn some kind of metal bar to lock the car door (O.O?) Before we could drive off.When i managed to do that i black out for some reason (black out inside the dream yes o.O)

Then the news was shown with the news reporter saying I had killed my mother and grandfather O.O' Then it goes back to me outside, watching the criminal standing next to the car covered in blood o.O .

I get mad at him for killing them and i charge towards him, not a smart move i know >.<

He grabs me by my throat with a mean /psychotic/angry look on his face.I start to choke as he rambles on bout something before his face suddenly changes to normal non agressive and slowly lets me go.I make a run for it but as soon as i do he stabs me int the side and in the back multiple times.

Then i woke up.

I'm sure we can use this >.<

Also aurelius his scene would be more for the multiplayer since it doesn't fit the soldier nor the parkour lover(i want him to start in a school building lol) and my scene was for the "smart guy" so.. lol.

Back to top Go down
aurelius_maximus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:27 pm

... Getting trumped by the head of the storyline department... not fun. Oh well...

How about this?
Opening scene:
Visual
Setting: In a military base somewhere in a foreign country. (You hijack a fighter jet from the enemy to get back to the home place thing) You are coming back from a patrol when a few bursts of static come over the radio. Around an hour later (game time) all electronics go dead. Thankfully you are within a mile of your base.
Mood:Nothing out of the ordinary until the humvee stops working, then everything goes bad, and from bad to worse.
Lighting: Depends on what foreign country. Somehwhere in the desert would have a bright yellowish light. Mountains would have a bright white light (unless in valley)
Tone:Calm, steadily increasing in scaryness

Audable
Bg music theme style: Quiet horror/haunted house theme, hid by the humvee noises and radio chatter.
Sound effects: Car engine, radio, occasional bump.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm

What I was thinking for the soldier introduction:

Opening scene: You are writing an email to your family saying you will soon be back with them home. Then your commander has you and your tentmate come for an undercover mission where you are trying to sabotage what you think is a biological weapon. You get there, stealthily, and then come to a split. You each go a separate way, and are told to radio the others when you find a door with a certain sign on it.

You eventually find it, and try to radio them but all you hear is static. Finally you open the door, and it is not locked. You walk in, and there is carnage everywhere... Bodies of scientists and blood everywhere. The only light comes from a flickering screen on the opposite wall, which is broken so you can't really read what it says. You take a step forward and then hear the door slam, but when you turn around there is no door.

You uneasily start going forward, trying to make out what is on the screen, when you trip over something. You look, and there are the mutilated bodies of you and the other two soldiers. Through the blood on 'your' corpse's arm you can see some writing, and you try to wipe the blood off to read it... But the corpse grabs your arm and suddenly all the corpses are 'waking up' and crawling after you, chanting something in some odd language...

And you wake up outside the door, with your officer talking to you. "We heard your message, but when we came you were unconscious on the ground." He turns and tries to open the door, eventually breaking the locked door. You three storm in, and scientists working there pick up handguns and start shooting at... the screen? You see the guns and open fire, and eventually they are all dead... And the screen looks just like it did before in the dream.

Your friend says, "did one of them get you? There's blood on your arm." You look at it, rub the blood away, and there is something written there that has to do with the plot.

Visual Setting: Under the cover of night. Some stars and a dark moon. A small military camp in some foreign country. A large lab complex with a white and blue, clean theme. Think a hospital mixed with a science museum.

Lighting: Silver and bluish dim light outdoors, in the building strong white fluorescents, in the room an image-based light of whatever is on the screen.

Tone: Tense and stealthy at first, sort of like a Black Ops campaign mission, but with slowly rising horror.

Audable Bg music theme style: At first, soft but tense music that enhances your feelings of stealth. The music gets slightly creepier and tenser during the nightmare and then explodes into an 'oh the horror!' moment, and you wake up just as it reaches the climax. Determined music until the shootout is done, where the creepiness resumes and crashes down as the dawning realization of fear hits you that your dream was somehow real.

Sound effects: Animals and birds depending on the country, squeaky door hinges, breaking glass, gunshots, footsteps for different terrains, groans, keyboard taps.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:11 pm

awesome cybie O:

Ouch aurelius, first trumped by me and now by cybie >.<. sowwie Razz

Btw are you afraid of eletronics going haywire or something ? thats the second thing you suggested with eletronics going haywire, not counting the matrix thing which in a way is also eletronics related. >.<

Dun worry we can put something like that in somewhere. xD
Back to top Go down
aurelius_maximus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Woah! Excellent Cyber! In my opinion, that is WAAAAY better than mine. How about this for the Parkour dude guy? Kenichi, I guess I was getting confuzed with the part that the Fiends eventually take down most of the weapons etc. of the humans...

Opening scene:
Visual
Setting: In a college campus during a class in a big auditorium. One of the students is watching parkour videos during class. A fire erupts and everyone evacuates the building. on the way out, the parkour student sees a note about the plot tacked to a bulletin board. While reading it, the evacuation group leaves him and locks him in. He looks around, runs to check the door, and starts trying to escape through the burning building. During his escape he hears automatic gunfire outside, and a split second before he leaves the building, a piece falls and conks him on the head. From this point it enters a dream where he finds a metal pipe, goes outside, and finds a shooter with his back to our parkour friend. The shooter falls to the earth after the parkour dude knocks him senseless. Picking up the gun, the parkour guy Bob (just so i could stop saying parkour) fought through most of the remaining shooters. He sees a shooter jump into the back of a humvee, and he runs to the entrance. He sees some equipment with an inscription on it relating to the plot, then the remaining shooter kills him. At this point he wakes up, walks out to find a smoking humvee with a piece of equipment having fallen out, that looks somewhat like the thing from the dream and a bunch of shell casings and blood splattered on a corner.
Mood:Nothing out of the ordinary until the door locks, then everything goes bad, and from bad to worse.
Lighting: What you would expect in a college, once looked in, red haze with clouds of black
Tone:Calm, majorly jumping in scare factor when the door locks.

Audable
Bg music theme style: Quiet horror/haunted house theme, hid by commonplace sounds until the door locks.
Sound effects: keys punching, Professor droning on, key grating in lock, burn sounds, crashings.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
Hawkfriend

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:35 pm

^not bad, trumps my ideas.
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Oh man, most of the action happens on this site when I'm asleep... D:

The ideas are all good... Perhaps we should simulate them and see how they feel... Nothing too difficult, maybe just a quick flash animation.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 am

T'is about time that this game gets a name...anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Yeah, but we should take some time making sure we get it right... If we just blast out a quickie, people will think the game sucks. We need to spend some serious time thinking about how we're going to promote it.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Ye but we should start thinking about a name now so we don't end up rushing it.
Back to top Go down
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer
kenichi DaPuppy

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 am

Oh the suprise i have a non dream idea for this game XD

The parkour runner comes home (somewhere in the middle of the first part of the game.) He takes the elevator up to his appartement (its an ppartement building.He enters his appartement and grabs some stuff he might need.(health items, weapon like things?)

When he goes back out of his appartement he gets a vision. Soldiers shooting at something, then a monsters hidious face and screaming,An explosion and finally a building (that looks like his appartement building) being consumed by fire.

When he regains his senses the building around him looks like its been burned down.Scorched to black walls and floor, rubble lying around everywhere.Pieces of the floor,ceiling and wall broken away.Windows smashed, outside the air is filled with a thick fog.

The elevator has been destoyed so the player has to find a way down.Every now and then a weird sound is heard.Then after descending 2 floors the player gets to a room.As they enter the large room the screen fades to black, when the character regains his senses hes at the other side of the room.In front of him is a door opening, the door itself is broken into pieces and scattered over the floor.The player has no control over the character as he slowly walks toward the door opening and peeks behind the corner.He sees nothing but an empty hallway and blacks out again.

The player gets control over the character again as he is standing back at the door where he entered the room before.The player then gets to explore the room for a while.The moment he goes through the dor from the "cutscene" big crash is heard behind him, as he turns around he sees a giant monster behind him.He runs (none of the weapons he has can hurt that monster since its way too big.) since he is the parkour runner he jumps over obstacles to run away but the mosnter just bursts through walls and the obstacles and the runner can't outrun it.Eventually the runner comes to a hallway that leads to a room.Only problem is, the room has been destroyed completely and all that awaits behind it is a long way down.(hes on the 6th or 7th floor now) to the street.

The player has no choice but to run through the hallway, when he gets to the room a cutscene follows with the character jumping off the edge just in time to avoid the monster.He falls all the way down and just before he hits the ground the game switches to one of the other characters.
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:44 am

The idea is great! Perhaps the soldier could be on the enemies side, since (from what I've gathered) the storyline starts with the enslavement of the world. (A kind of New World Order thing perhaps?)... So the soldier is shouting to his fellow troops that there are enslavable civilians within the apartment building, including the player... They are aided by that huge monster you were talking about. Whilst reading that, I imagined one of the Dark Riders from LOTR.. Anyone seen the LOTR part where Sauron's right hand man is riding a huge black dragon that screeches and stuff? Yeah, that's what I was thinking of... That could be the main boss in the game IMO... It's usually good to get to know the main boss before getting too in-depth into the game.

But yeah, I LOVE that idea Kenichi... Being honest, that's the only idea of yours that I've read and thought "You know what? This is unbelievably good". I read all of your others, and they were good too, but this one stands out as being fantastic.

Last edited by Kanga on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theme/Atmosphere?   Theme/Atmosphere? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theme/Atmosphere?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next