Song of the Seikilos Development Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in8/21/11--Money Matters 21jrsyw

8/21/11--Money Matters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

8/21/11--Money Matters Empty
Post8/21/11--Money Matters

Well, I have tried to stay away from this subject as much as possible, but we really are getting to the point where we have no choice... :-(

There is one major problem with our plan: It requires money. How does it require money? Well, here are a few areas:

1) We REALLY need to get a computer custom-made or just really graphically competent to use for AO's production.
2) We will need to pay for some advertising.
3) We may need to hire some people/get premium software/purchase 3D models.
4) We will need to pay for a server to host AO.

These are some of the things we will need; I'm sure that there are more. I'm not asking you all for money, I'm just alerting you all to the fact that this isn't all popcorn and ponies and rainbows. I would REALLY appreciate some suggestions as to how we could EARN some money with AO related things. Hawk and I keep planning to make 3D models and sell them, but it really wouldn't work since we are also supposed to be making AO stuff. THIS IS WHY WE NEED MORE MODELERS!

Well, please comment and discuss this. Cyberky out.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

8/21/11--Money Matters :: Comments

Kanga
Re: 8/21/11--Money Matters
Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:23 am by Kanga
Some expenses are unnavoidable, however it's fairly easy to get things really cheap if you know where to look. Server costs are unnavoidable, as are advertising costs. Modeling is a little different, since there are people who make models as a hobby and would probably be interested in helping out for free. I know a fairly large group of modellers, and some of them may be interested... However before they start designing , they will need to know the exact style that you want, and what program you prefer them to use.

Sources of finance are relatively hard to come by for people our age, but hopefully we will find ways.
Depending on legal restrictions in out various countries, we could get lart time jobs ( im up for helping with that).

Ignore survey sites and stuff like that, it simply doesnt work...

You could make a 'donate' button on the website, just incase peoplw who are brought to the site get interested.

Will post more later, i have to go
Hawkfriend
Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 pm by Hawkfriend
Yep, freelance moddelers.
Can't say I wholeheartedly like the idea of freelancers working on AO, but some are ok.
I know of quite a few freelance moddelers who go about it right, others... Eh, I guess it's an attitude thing.
I'm not trying to put freelancers down, I am one after all.
Kanga
Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:23 am by Kanga
Regarding your expense issues.

Cyberkyd_30 wrote:

1) We REALLY need to get a computer custom-made or just really graphically competent to use for AO's production.

What kind of money are we looking at here?

Quote :
2) We will need to pay for some advertising.

Advertising isn't needed until the game is close to release of Alpha. I will take care of that... But yeah, not needed right now.

Quote :
3) We may need to hire some people/get premium software/purchase 3D models.

If need be, then we could purchase, however there's lots we can do for now that is free. For example with the freelance modelers.

Quote :
4) We will need to pay for a server to host AO.

Are we at that stage already? I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that a server would only be needed closer to the time of content being submitted...

kenichi DaPuppy
Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:30 am by kenichi DaPuppy
It might not be needed yet but if we know exactly what it will cost and try to find ways of getting the money we need way before we actually need it it will prevent us from crying out a massive *censored*.It will also be easier, better to be prepared :3
Post  by Sponsored content

8/21/11--Money Matters

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Song of the Seikilos Development Forums :: Cyberspace Studios :: Must Reads :: Development Blog-
Jump to: