Song of the Seikilos Development Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inRandom Previews 21jrsyw

Random Previews

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 am

I did a very fast grass and stone path texture in Photoshop and then imported all my current assets into a UDK blank file and added them in. Note these are just plain diffuse materials and very basic global illumination. (just a couple of point lights)

Random Previews Fantas10
Back to top Go down
Belial9996
Graphics Crew
Graphics Crew
Belial9996

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:48 pm

How did you make the land? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 pm

With the terrain system. It's not a dedicated mesh.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:16 am

Don't really have too much to show because it looks terrible ATM, but I am in the process of making a cartoon shader and a borderlands 2-style edge exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Not exactly a map preview, but a sneak peek at our new map modeling method... Exporting from Minecraft. (note this is an export of my MC server, not a map for the game)

Random Previews Mcblen10
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 11:22 am

I successfully created a pretty simple castle-like structure for testing lighting and shaders with the voxel art style and exported it to the UDK.

Random Previews Castle10
Back to top Go down
Belial9996
Graphics Crew
Graphics Crew
Belial9996

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 1:50 pm

I am not sure what I am supposed to be seeing in that picture.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:55 pm

...? That's just the mesh previewer. It basically means there were no problems with the import.

Back to top Go down
Kanga
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Kanga

Character Page
AO Username: Kanga

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:22 am

To me this is all magic.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 5:44 pm

I am happy to report that I do believe I have put together a working Sobel outline filter (ala Borderlands) and a working cel shader. However, I pieced them together from a couple guides, tutorials, explanations, etc. which were intended for very high-poly environments. It might provide some, er, interesting effects in our game. I will just have to wait and see when I get a couple models and terrain to play around with.
Back to top Go down
Belial9996
Graphics Crew
Graphics Crew
Belial9996

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:48 pm

I have the template models done but they could use some tweaking and stuff. They are untextured right now because i tried and it looked like crap. Need to develop those texturing skills :p
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Well, when you feel satisfied with them, please upload them to the Google Drive page. I changed the name of the folder from Application to UDK Game. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Previews   Random Previews I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Previews
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Song of the Seikilos Development Forums :: Cyberspace Studios :: UDK Battle Game Development-
Jump to: