Song of the Seikilos Development Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSupport Rewards 21jrsyw

Support Rewards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:32 am

I have set up a PayPal account for us. A while ago we simply asked for donations, but there was really no reason for anyone to donate. Once we have the demo made we can make a Kickstarter project, but for the moment we have nothing to put up. However, we do still need a bit of money, primarily for a Hero Engine subscription.

However, I don't want to simply ask for money, especially as we will in the relatively near future be offering rewards for Kickstarter donations. What we can do is offer rewards for donations, however. Depending on the reward, these migt range from future in-game compensation to actual physical rewards.

The obvious would be things like offering a garunteed spot in the closed beta, Runic coins, personalized in-game items, discounts on subscriptions, a life-time subscription, expansions, etc.

I had an idea for the Kickstarter but which could also apply now where we offer two armor sets, the Primal Warrior and the Tempest Sage (which would never otherwise be put into the game), and people can order the different pieces of armor. If they buy all the pieces we throw in a legendary weapon as well.

What are your thoughts on this, everyone? We certainly need some funding.
Back to top Go down
Belial9996
Graphics Crew
Graphics Crew
Belial9996

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah, funding is good. I like the idea of in game gear that will only be available if you donate and stuff like that. People like to have unique stuff. Also they could possibly get certain titles in game or something. Then there's always stuff like concept art or prints that are signed by the dev team and stuff like that. Plus if we have iconic characters or something, we could possibly ship out figures if we can find 3d printing companies for a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Signed prints are a good idea, as are titles. As for the figures, I actually looked those up earlier today but they would probably cost about $30 a figurine. If we did those, it would have to be either a really high-tier reward, like a donation of at least several hundred USD, or maybe a lottery type thing. Maybe everyone who donates at least $20 gets entered in a drawing for one of five unique figurines, getting one raffle ticket per five dollars entered. Something like that.
Back to top Go down
Belial9996
Graphics Crew
Graphics Crew
Belial9996

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:55 pm

That sounds like a good idea about the raffle thing. Who knows, we may even be able to open a merch store or something with figurines, clothes, and other nifty stuff.
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:03 pm

That would be cool Razz There are services that specialize in that. And I swear I am going to get around to writing that book some time XD
Back to top Go down
Ananas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ananas

Character Page
AO Username: Romeo

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:07 pm

I know AE has a Heromart which does that. Mass production would be a little tough in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Kanga

Character Page
AO Username: Kanga

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 3:44 am

A recent game that got developed was called KSP, short for Kerbal Space Program. What they did was let people play the demo for free, and then said to people "Right, this game will be for purchase later on when it's tested. If you give us a percentage of what it would cost now, then you won't have to pay the rest later at all."

Worked wonders. As for gaining money to make the demo itself, I have no clues. But like I said, once you've got an alpha going, that's the way to go. Smile
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 am

Except SoS is going to be F2P. But, interesting marketing idea.

It might be a better idea to use Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter. It's very similar, but we can keep the donations even if we don't reach our goal, a huge improvement over Kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Support Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support Rewards   Support Rewards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Support Rewards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Song of the Seikilos Development Forums :: Community :: Suggestions-
Jump to: