Song of the Seikilos Development Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inScript Frenzy 21jrsyw

Script Frenzy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Here's the general idea I have for the short anime show script I am doing for Script Frenzy. Taken from another forum so you can see the brainstorming stuff.

MY POST:

I need help with my plot o.o;

Okay, here's what I have so far.

There is another dimension, which is like this world, but things are different. More dreary, darker, strange things happen and weird creatures appear. Actually, there are several dimensions but this one is a hub between all of them, which contains elements of all of them. Residing in the Hub is a force of police sort of people who have the job of moderating each dimension. They have advanced technology.

One group of people were sent to our dimension, to earth, on a mission. However, all but one of them died during the mission. As a safeguard to prevent a dimension from invading the others, the same amount of people must transfer from one dimension to another. So, the survivor was stuck without a way to even communicate with his superiors in the Hub.

This guy, with his advanced knowledge of technology, became a science teacher at a school. He searched for years among his students to try and find anyone who he thought would make good candidates to take with him, but never found any.

Finally, on the last year he knew he could feasibly do the trip (still not quite sure why, but I'll work on it) he picks five people, four of whom are a group of friends and one of whom is a misfit delinquent kid. (once more, not sure how or why they were chosen...)

He tells them on the first day of their summer vacation they had such low scores in Science they need to take a summer course, and in the class (without their knowledge) he uses his extremely advanced technology stuff on them which creates a "polyspectral field" around them, allowing them to shift between the different dimensions (called spectrums). The fields also allow them to use some abilities that at first appear psionic.

However, the movie begins with the kids learning about the science class and being mad about it.

The day after the first class, they go about their lives but after a couple days notice weird things are starting to happen. As time goes on the world is getting odder and odder. They notice everyone around them getting weird red colored eyes, which they had previously noticed on their teacher.

They confront their teacher and ask him what is going on, and he tells them two spetrums are shifting so they overlap on the same space, and the only way to make it go back to normal is to do some weird thing with their powers (maybe hunt down some weird creatures or something).

They do what he says and discover the different ways they can manipulate their polyspectral field, but also notice the world is changing faster and faster. Finally it stops, and the world is still sort of like before but completely weird and strange.

Their teacher tells them it is too late and to find new lives for themselves, and then goes off himself. The kids don't really have a clue what is going on, but try to live on the street for a while.

The kids eventually (by following their teacher one day) discover about the police and how they had been used, and are angry. They learn that the world hadn't been shifting, THEY had been slowly shifting to the Hub. They confront their teacher and ask him to take them back, but now that he is back in his home he doesn't want to go back to Earth. And there have to be the same amount of people to go back. Also, the delinquent kid doesn't want to go back since he fits in better in this world, and has powers. (if they went back their polyspectral fields would disintegrate, since the polyspectral fields are like return tickets. They only work for a trip and a return.)

Now, advice please on what I can do next, and the parts I am stuck with? <:-{

INKHANA's POST:

One thing I'm curious about - if he only requires a certain amount of people to make the shift back to the Hub, does it matter what their requirements are, since he himself sets up the spectral fields? Would it benefit the story for them to be woefully inadequate for residing in the Hub and create greater conflict?

Overall, it seems to me that what you've worked out essentially amounts to setup for an action arc within the Hub. Since we don't know the specifics of what the field can do, it's hard to say what they might need to do within the Hub itself, but obviously, the mission the man was on in the first place is an open clue that could suggest something like conspiracy between dimensions (those people died for a reason). Maybe a permanent cross-spectral bridge that threatens to shatter the boundary between them. It seems someone within the Hub needs to be doing something damaging, and threatening Earth's existence is a likely option that will hit home with the protagonists. It seems that a satisfying ending would also be one where the delinquent kid gets to stay somehow, rooted to something that drives his character like a passion for something (or someone), but the rest get to go back home to their normal lives. Anyway, I think if you can root something sinister going on in the Hub, the rest of the story will begin to pan out. Smiley Hope this helps!

MY POST:

Thanks for the reply!

That's the first thing I'm trying to figure out, why he chose the characters at all. Maybe it was just because they DID get low scores, and the extra class gives him the excuse to get them in a secluded location from other people where he can give them the polyspectral fields.

I like the idea of a conspiracy to unite the spectrums... Maybe the police people are trying to overlap all the specturms so the entire multiverse is a giant Hub? Maybe they find a couple people (maybe a pair of siblings) from another dimension? Maybe their race has the ability to generate polyspectral fields, and they were captured so the police could figure out how to build their polyspectral field generators, but the characters destroy all the machines before they shift to Earth (using the aliens' power to generate the fields) so the police are unable to do anything evil again. The delinquent stays behind, like you said... Not quite sure the details...

Thanks for the input! It really helped!

Back to top Go down
Kanga
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Kanga

Character Page
AO Username: Kanga

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 am

Perhaps the science scores were an indication of who can safely go through to the other dimensions... I mean, you could say that not having a good understanding of science is due to the lack of nuero-electrical connectivity in the brain, allowing safe access through the dimensional portal, or whatever you're using to get from dimension A to dimension B. Having a good understanding of science means you have a higher nuero-electrical connection in your brain, making you an unsafe component if you were to travel to different dimensions. Therefore the science test was irrelevant to the other students but more of a challenge for the teacher to find the best people for the job.

Just food for thought... Razz Are you actually planning on making the anime, or just the script?
Back to top Go down
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin
cybergreen

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:06 am

The challenge is just making the script. I can't even draw decently, much less animate o.o;
Back to top Go down
Kanga
Kanga

Character Page
AO Username: Kanga

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:02 am

Ahh okay. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Script Frenzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script Frenzy   Script Frenzy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Script Frenzy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Song of the Seikilos Development Forums :: Community :: Off Topic Threads-
Jump to: