View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawkfriend
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin

Character Page
AO Username: Falrion

PostSubject: sports anyone?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:02 pm

anyone play any sports? im curious is all. i'd count almost anything involving physical activity (within reason, opening the door is not a sport, etc.) as a sport. for example:
I play basketball, soccer, some lacrosse, I run, things like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote :
"I hate it when people have quotes as their signatures." -- me

Quote :
"Thank arceus..me and the rest of the frustrated gamers thank you..*bows*" -- Kenichi Dapuppy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kenichi DaPuppy
Admin/Designer
Admin/Designer

Character Page
AO Username: Kenichi DaPuppy

PostSubject: Re: sports anyone?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:51 pm

I used to play basketball and soccer (with friends casually) I did some martial arts when i was a kid, didn't last long, just like in school everyone there didn't like me v.v so i quiet.I don't remember the name but it was all kinds of martial arts mixed, i think "something jutsu ryu " not that it matters <.< even tho the rolls i learned there saved my life when i got hit by a car when i was with my mom on her motorbike..o.o ...im getting off topic..lol

For the rest i always disliked sports so x.x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ChaoZ-inn.webs.com
Kanga
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member
Cyberspace Studios Staff Member

Character Page
AO Username: Kanga

PostSubject: Re: sports anyone?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:11 am

I do what you call 'soccer' all the time... I call it Football though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cybergreen
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin

PostSubject: Re: sports anyone?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:33 am

Like I've said recently... Soken GO Kai Do Ryuu for eight years Razz

I scorn other sports... JK! I just don't do them. My lower body strength is pretty well developed (rubbin it in yer face Hawk) from years of *shudder* body toughening and *shudderevenmore* ...Okinawan situps... But my upper body strength is sorely lacking -_-;

Based off a conversation Hawk and I recently had... How do the sports you guys play in general help to improve your body? I might try another one this summer if it can help me in a way karate can't.

Quote :
No matter my love of Gundam, I know Heero and company have no chance of victory.
The Gundams are excellent machines.
The Evas are not.
They are monsters.
~Gaijin D

Last edited by Cyberkyd_30 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawkfriend
Owner/Dev/Admin
Owner/Dev/Admin

Character Page
AO Username: Falrion

PostSubject: Re: sports anyone?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 pm

I love basketball for the skill of the hands and feet and the spatial relations skills. But the leg, arm, and back strength are never unwelcome Razz.
Yes, me and cyber and sort of polar opposites. The only thing I've ever done to improve my lower body strength was some off and on gymnastics a long time ago. I was getting pretty good at it(if I do say so myself), until I hit my growth spurt and lost all flexibility and knowledge of where my limbs were.
My uper body power level is over nine thousand(or maybe a little under it Razz(rubbing it back in yo face cyber!)) I've always been strong there as long as I can remember. I'm able to carry almost twice as much as almost all my classmates. I lifted half a piano by myself 0_0 (me on one side, two people on the other) although I don't work out much or really know anything about the topic, so that could be a very minor accomplishment, but I'm still proud of it.
Me and cybie seem to be kind of polar opposites when it comes to athletics, lol. I enjoy working out my arms and legs, because the limbs itch when I don't do it enough xD.
But cybie, I would definately suggest some soccer(or football ^_^) because I know you can run, I know you have endurance, and IMO it takes a bit less practice than basketball. (and I think we would be fairly evenly matched at that, as opposed to basketball, because I've been doing that for almost ten years now. My left handed layup is nearing perfection, my right handed is a little sloppy, but it always goes in. My regular shots are around a 60-70 percent chance to make it. My three pointers are around 50 percent. I can almost dunk(so close, Darv my 175 pounds.)

Quote :
"I hate it when people have quotes as their signatures." -- me

Quote :
"Thank arceus..me and the rest of the frustrated gamers thank you..*bows*" -- Kenichi Dapuppy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ananas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Character Page
AO Username: Romeo

PostSubject: Re: sports anyone?   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:57 pm

I play soccer/football and hockey( I am Canadian XP). I find it funny that I play as the position of goalie in soccer where lots of hand work is required, yet I hate basketball. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sports anyone?   

Back to top Go down

sports anyone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1